Children’s day (also known as Bal Divas) in India is celebrated every year on 14th of November to increase the awareness of people towards the rights, care and education of children. Children are the key of success and development of the country as they would lead their country in different and new technological way. They are adorable and shine same like the precious pearls. Children are the God gifts to their parents by the almighty. They are innocent, admirable, pure and loved by everyone.
14th of November (birthday of Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru) has been set to celebrate as children’s day all over the India. 14th of November is the birth date of the first Indian prime minister, Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru. He became the prime minister of India just after the independence of India. The Children’s Day is celebrated every year to let the people specially parents aware about the importance of celebrating this day.
Celebrate Children’s Day
- Children are distributed gifts and chocolates.
- Varieties of competitions are organized like fancy dress, debates, speech related to the freedom fighters, country, storytelling and quizzes.
- Cultural and social programs like singing, dancing and entertaining with other musical instruments.
- Orphan children can be entertained by distributing the clothes, toys, musical instruments, stationery, books, and etc.
- Organizing some programs related to the freedom fighters.
- Organizing some game activities including puzzle, sweet and sugar treasure hunt and etc.
- Underprivileged children are entertained by organizing musical programs by famous musician and speech on health, care and progress.